Native Hawaiian Veterans LLC Tech I - Automotive Electronics - Waipahu, HI in Waipahu, Hawaii
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is a Native Hawaiian Owned, Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), SDB, SBA 8(a), MBE, UDBE, and EEO/W/M/Vet/Disabled Company that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Environmental Response, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services.
Our mission is to be a trusted partner earning customer loyalty while fostering growth and profitability for our Ohana and enriching our community.
We are seeking a Tech I - Automotive Electronics to join our Ohana. This position will be located in Waipahu, Hawaii.
- Performs work required for the repair, maintenance, installation, and modernization of electrical component of vehicle uplifting.
- Install various aftermarket items into various types of vehicles
- Able to trouble shoot issues that may arise during the installation process
- Able to read and understand detailed specifications, diagrams and schematics
- Ability to follow instructions
- Train in a 12V environment and become a better asset to our customers, NHV and your fellow employees
- Develop product knowledge in every aspect of the Installation & Maintenance Division
- Assist all employees to ensure timely completion of jobs and eliminate "waste" (be a team player)
- Assist Tech II and aboveto achieve the highest level of quality (QC) that customers have come to expect
- Develop an understanding of NHV procurement processes, procedures and options
- Foster vendor relationship/partnerships to support NHV F&ES; Sales & Service (Installation & Maintenance Division)
- Develop working relationships with potential customers and provide F&ES; Sales & Service to meet customer needs in a timely manner
- Maintain a professional environment at all times
- Understand and communicate with both verbal and written skills
- Maintain open lines of communication with Tech II and above
- Although our main focus is electronics, this position will assist fellow co-workers in other tasks assigned by the Shop Supervisor/or Tech III ; no job is beneath us
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Must have own tools
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school/vocational school, supplemented by courses in electronic theory and electronics
- Must possess a valid states driver's license
- Excellent communication abilities are essential. Must understand and communicate with both verbal and written skills
- Ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience
- Familiar with MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and Internet Explorer
- There may be periods of overnight travel related to system installation projects
- The work may, on a regular and recurring basis, require working outdoors, in other such environments with extreme temperatures, and/or exposure to adverse weather conditions
- Must be able to perform all job functions that require lifting and or carrying items weighing at least 50 lbs as well as functions/activities such as pulling, pushing, bending, standing, lifting, reaching, etc
- Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear such as hard hats, masks, gowns, ear plugs, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or climbing
- Certifications in EVT and/or MECP a plus, but not required
Please complete our online Employment Application.
Only applicants that apply via our Employment Application will be considered.
Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC is an EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled and E-Verify Employer
Job Start/End Date: 28-Mar-2018 to 27-May-2018 (HST)
Department: Operations (Ops)
Location: Waipahu, HI, USA
Employment Type: Full Time