Vencore Systems Engineer I in Kunia, Hawaii
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Systems Engineer will provide Field Engineering systems integration support at a customer site in Honolulu, Hawaii in accordance with extended enterprise SE&I standard practices and specific systems engineering needs. The System Engineer will employ a combination of science, process, innovation and personal diplomacy to support the Operational region’s organizational elements in addressing and solving challenging problems that could benefit from SE methodologies and practices.The System Engineer will develop software solutions for a federated query and audit service tool. The tool will ingest multiple data sources related to information technology infrastructure and systems.
The System Engineer will need to apply systems engineering skills and competencies to advise and support the customer in applying and executing proven industry Systems Engineering processes and methodologies to effectively and efficiently address Enterprise/Regional needs.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Intelligence Community (IC) experience.
- Configuration and Change Management process experience.
- Demonstrated ability to document results and distribute information in a well-presented format.
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and support personnel.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Working familiarity with the following COTS products: MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated expertise at SE process development, documentation and deployment for complex systems.
- Experience in the development of Facilities Roadmaps/Plans and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
- Ability to bridge the gaps between customer requirements, operational needs, and true technical capabilities to ensure mission success.
- Motivated "self-starter" who seeks out opportunities for improvements & efficiencies without appreciable direction.
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines and customer needs.
- System Administration Experience.
Familiarity with the following software applications:
- Windows Server 2012
- Git (Version Control)
- Relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- MS SQL Server
- MS Visual Studio
- ASP.Net MVC
- SQL Business Intelligence Studio (BIDS/TSQL/SSIS)
- Restful Services
- Pig Scripting
- Current Top Secret / SCI with Poly Clearance
- Flexibility amid changing priorities
- ITIL certification
- Field Site experience
Job ID 2018-49679
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time