Sharecare, Inc. Engagement Lead- Blue Zones Project in Kapolei, Hawaii
Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. We are always looking for people that value the opportunity to work hard, have fun on the job, and make a difference in the lives of others through their work every day!
Are you passionate about where you live and want to make it a better place for this and the next generation? Blue Zones Project, a nation-wide community well-being initiative, was brought to Hawaii by HMSA to help make healthy choices easier through environmental, social and policy changes. In 2015, three communities – Koolaupoko on the windward side of Oahu, North Hawaii, and East Hawaii island – became Hawaii’s first Blue Zones Project demonstration sites.
Now, Blue Zones Project is expanding to your community and we are looking for an Engagement Lead to use their experience in building positive working relationships with key partners to strategically engage large numbers of people in meaningful activities. If you have a passion for improving the well-being of others, are driven to make a difference, and have successfully developed strong networks and measurable results, we want to talk to you!
The Engagement Lead is responsible for the execution of a community-based engagement plan in Kapolei/Ewa to drive participation of individual residents. This person will report to the Community Program Manager and will work with the local Blue Zones Project team and statewide Engagement/PR lead to coordinate campaigns, events and activities which generate a critical mass of awareness and local participation from individuals and organizations. This person will execute a high-level engagement strategy which includes the delivery of collateral materials and promotional activities (on-line/off-line). A successful execution will optimize individual engagement in Blue Zones Project while representing Sharecare, Blue Zones, HMSA and other stakeholder brands in a positive light.
• Planning, promoting, and executing Blue Zones Project engagement events to drive a critical mass of individual (resident) participation in Blue Zones Project and achieve Blue Zones certification of Kapolei/Ewa.
• Collaborating with Blue Zones Project colleagues and community leadership to engage citizens in the places they gather – schools, restaurants, grocery stores, businesses, faith-based organizations, and civic groups.
• Working with the Community Program Manager, Organization Lead, community leadership, media and other partners to develop and implement a successful engagement plan.
• Attending and supporting major events to capture stories for web and other outreach efforts.
• Recruiting and organizing a base of community volunteers to assist with awareness building activities and events.
• Executing, or working with the State Marketing Team to execute, awareness and engagement building tactics including but not limited to:
Updating websites/social networking sites with community-specific content.
Writing promotional pieces using standard templates, including drafting and sending partner newsletters and direct mail (email and snail mail).
Executing community-based direct mail campaigns.
Managing placement of promotions with local media.
Managing placement of local advertising.
Coordinating local grass-roots strategies (yard signs, rallies, etc.).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field preferred
• 5 + years of PR or marketing experience
• Proven record of success leveraging diverse resources (including volunteers) in complex projects completed on-time and at/under budget
• Well-connected in the community and has a good understanding of the local market preferred
• Excellent writing skills (web content, direct mail, social media, ad copy)
• Experience securing multiple types of non-paid and paid local media
• Track-record of developing or implementing grass-roots engagement strategies
• Strong team leader, specifically in partnership contexts where the team is a collection of volunteer resources/groups
• Experience organizing and leading community events
• Adept at working all levels of government, non-profits, schools, and employers to align complex communities around an engagement campaign
• Compelling verbal communications skills as it relates to inspiring citizens to participate
• Ability to simultaneously oversee multiple initiatives with volunteer leaders and focus effort and resources in the highest priority areas while executing on-time and at/under budget. Must be able to multi-task and deliver under pressure from various stakeholders.
Sharecare, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, equal pay, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other status protected under applicable law.