Army National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) IT SPECIALIST (INTERNET) in Honolulu, Hawaii
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (INTERNET), Position Description Number D1589000 and is part of the HI DCSIM, National Guard.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
LOCATION:Joint Force Headquarters, Deputy Chief of Staff for Information Management Support Office, Hawaii Army National Guard, Kapolei, Hawaii
RECRUITMENT AREA 1: Present commissioned officer and enlisted members (E5 and above) who possess AOC 25/53 or MOS 25 series of the Hawaii Army National Guard RECRUITMENT AREA 2:**Present commissioned officer and enlisted members (E5 and above) of the Hawaii Army National Guard
Learn more about this agency
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:The position involves the design, implementation, and management of the state's National Guard Web page along with the design and management of the Visual Information (VI) program.
- Plans, designs, develops, tests, implements, and manages the Internet, Intranet, and Extranet activities, including systems/applications development and technical management of web sites.
- Plans and administers the state's VI program. Develops policies, directives, and standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Coordinates all activities related to the full range of VI products and services for the state such as still photography (photo-chemical and digital video), manual and computer-generated graphics, presentation services (conference rooms and classrooms), VI equipment and product loan, video (acquisition, production, post-production and duplication), audio (production and duplication), video teleconferencing, closed circuit television, and master antenna and cable television.
- Directs design of unique projects from inception to completion through application of innovative solutions in the use of multimedia technologies.
- Provides higher-level management with VI products, services, consultation, facilities (studio or presentation room) and equipment to support functional areas, to include command and control, training, logistics, medical, personnel, special operations, engineering, and public affairs.
- Manages the state Visual Information Support Center. Responsible for training and coordinating equipment usage.
- Manages the installation, set up, and technical support of the state's Distributed Training Technology (DTT)/Distance Learning Network (DLN).
- Performs other duties as assigned Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description (D1589000) located online, on the FASCLASS website.
- #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
- Analysts, Applications
- Analysts, Information Security
- Applications Analysts
- Data Analyst
Information Security Analysts
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Submit all documents/application NLT midnight Eastern Standard Time.
- Military Membership in the Hawaii National Guard is mandatory.
- Must be in the grade of E5 and above and/or a commissioned officer.
- MILITARY TECHNICIAN COMPATIBILITY POSITION: Prior to placement in this position, the selected applicant must be assigned to a valid position in any unit in AOC 25/53 or MOS 25 series.
If your resume does not include a narrative description of how you meet the GENERAL, SPECIALIZED experiences, and OTHER requirements, you may lose consideration for this position. Ensure that the Questionnaire is completed on Application Manager.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
NOTES TO CANDIDATES:
a. Situations of inversion of military rank are not permitted, i.e., a military technician may not be militarily senior to his or her full-time supervisor.
b. Authorization for payment of PCS expenses will be granted only after determination is made that payment is in the best interest of the Hawaii National Guard.
c. In addition to your application, documents of last performance appraisal, past civilian performance, letter of recommendations, and or military performance may be submitted.
d. Candidates may be screened and evaluated on military attributes directly related to the compatible military position required to be assigned into, such as, but not limited to, military bearing, leadership, or ability to work with others (teamwork) in a military environment.
e. Include any volunteer work experience in your resume. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social).
f. Final selection will be based upon qualifications, suitability, and available manpower resources.
g. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
h. Financial Suitability - It is the policy of the government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination. i. Qualified candidates in the second recruitment area will be referred if there are no qualified applicants in the first recruitment area.
j. Eligibles on this list will be given automatic consideration for position vacancies occurring during the six months period following the close of this announcement.
k. Cost of living allowances (COLA) vary from island to island. COLA is subject to change without notice.
l. For enlisted personnel: If the selected candidate does not hold a compatible MOS, and/or is not MOS qualified in a compatible MOS, he/she must be willing to take a reduction in military rank in order to transfer into an entry level MOS to become compatible.
m. Selectee may be scheduled for formal training at the Professional Education Center (PEC) within the first six months of employment. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, failure to complete National Guard Bureau prescribed courses at PEC within the first year of employment, may be cause for reassignment to other full-time positions or termination of employment.
OTHER REQUIREMENT: Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position. This position conducts information assurance functions. The incumbent shall comply with the requirements of the certification program and will be required to obtain and maintain certification. Certification requirements are outlined in DOD Instructions 8570.01-M.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience -At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10216211
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
HI DCSIM 3949 Diamond Head Road Honolulu, HI US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499843200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/16/2018 to 06/15/2018
Salary: $71,862 to $93,424 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent