Honeywell Fire Alarm and Security Technician in Honolulu, Hawaii
Fire Alarm and Security Technician
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Leads successful on-site installation, servicing and repair processes of complex equipment and systems without direct supervision. You will follow detailed work instructions and amend any outdated or incorrect instructions with help of Engineering teams. You will make improvements to training guides and documentation. You will lead continuous improvement initiatives in the field to quickly fix any administrative difficulties relating to delivery and installation of proper equipment. You will train the customer on proper usage, troubleshooting, and basic repair procedures for complex equipment. You will represent Honeywell at industry conferences and provide technical presentations.
- Day to day servicing, calibrations and maintenance; including diagnoses and repairs faults in fire alarm, security and integrated software equipment.
- Verify system functional performance to ensure proper operations according to contract requirements including: testing, calibrating verify system and peripheral device operations as per preventative maintenance schedule.
- Complete documentation of all work done, including all readings, offsets, etc.
- Perform system backups, install appropriate updates and patches.
- Maintain customer system documentation with any configuration or model changes.
- Respond to emergency service calls as required.
- Keep abreast of changes and new developments in product and preventive maintenance techniques.
- Availability for and performance of duties outside of normal working hours as required.
- Promote, build and maintain good customer relations.
- Keep Supervisor informed of customer requirements, systems status, and actual, potential or perceived customer problems.
- Demonstrate system and provide training to customers as required.
- Be aware of service contract scope of service, equipment coverages, and requirements.
Health and Safety:
Carry out site hazard and risk assessments for Honeywell tasks, including proper use of safety personal protective equipment.
Be responsible for Honeywell’s assets such as tools, software, and site database.
Keep documentation and paperwork up-to-date.
Ability to travel throughout the service area, with occasional overnight stays.
25 Inspect for Quality
25 Install or Repair Work Orders
25 Provide Customer Support
25 Mentor and Train Jr. Field Service Representatives
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma, or GED.
- NICET I Certification
- Valid Driver's License
- Previous industry experience
- Previous technical/installation experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to follow instructions and identify mistakes
- Bachelor degree or technical/professional certificate
- Good presentation skills
Nonexempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req138128
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: 250 Ward Ave, Suite 100, Honolulu, HI 96814 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.