Hilton Assistant Director of Human Resources - Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu, Hawaii
Set among a tropical landscape covering 22 acres, our hotel boasts Waikiki’s widest and most spectacular white sand beach as well as Waikiki’s only saltwater lagoon.
The Hilton Hawaiian Village is now hiring for an experienced Assistant Director of Human Resources.
- 5 years in Human Resources
- 2 years Labor relations experience
- Conflict Resolution and union experience ( preferred)
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwide's ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
An Assistant Director of Human Resources with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for assisting in managing all Human Resources functions including labor relations, EEO, recruitment, training and development, benefits administration and employee relations activities. Assist in overseeing Human Resources operations and staff to ensure compliance with all employment/labor laws and to ensure the Hotel provides needed services for hotel’s human resources. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manages labor relations, including conducting investigations, counseling/disciplining employees, and resolving grievances, through clear, calm and direct oral and written communication, in accordance with the Collective Bargaining agreement and the guidelines established by the Hotel. Represents the Hotel in the administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, including handling all steps of the grievance and arbitration process. Serves on Hotel’s negotiating committee during union contract negotiations, and may perform research, costing and other supportive tasks related to negotiations and other labor relations matters.
- Supervises recruitment and benefits staff and oversees its daily operations to ensure selection standards and benefits administration are in accordance with all Federal and State Employment and Labor Laws.
- Oversees compliance with Hotel’s Affirmative Action Plan. Assist with responses to any EEOC, Hawaii Civil Rights, National Labor Relations Board, and other agency charges.
- Supervises departmental and other hotel staff regarding all issues relating to EEO, sexual harassment, and worker's compensation to ensure minimum liability/exposure to the hotel.
- Responds to all claims for unemployment. Also represents the Hotel at all unemployment insurance appeals hearings.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma required and college degree preferred. Law degree highly desirable.
Minimum of five years Human Resources management or related experience (such as employment law or legal background) required, and an advanced knowledge and at least two years experience in labor relations required. Labor relations experience should include handling investigations, grievances, arbitration, mediation and union requests for information. Previous hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification required. First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and State Employment and Labor laws.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations relating to OSHA and worker's compensation.
- Excellent facilitation and mediation skills; ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, resolve conflicts and collect accurate information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, with employees and customers, both verbally and in writing, and must have excellent writing skills and be proficient in writing correspondence and reports. Ability to understand and prepare status reports and other reports, both in Excel and Word.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to take notes quickly and accurately.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to analyze reports, forecast, and prepare budgets.
- Ability to supervise/direct both subordinate and non-subordinate personnel.
- Ability to travel to training sessions, hearings, etc. held in the local area.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, in particular Excel and Word.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including, but not limited to, typewriters, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member.
The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Job: Human Resources
Title: Assistant Director of Human Resources - Hilton Hawaiian Village
Requisition ID: HOT051PY